Perhaps you have upgraded to Windows 8 or 10 and your Bluetooth keyboard stops working from time to time? May be a incompatible driver has been installed by Windows update?
Sometimes simply removing your Bluetooth received USB dongle and re-inserting it fixes the problem else you may have to roll back the driver and stop Windows from installing drivers.
- Device Manager
- Do you see a red cross?
- Double click on the line with the red cross (under Network adapters for Bluetooth) Does it say there is a problem in the status box?
- Then the Driver tab then Roll Back Driver.
Stop Windows Update from installing drivers
- Advanced system settings
- Hardware Tab
- Device Installation Settings
- Tick “No, let me choose what to do”
- Tick “Never install driver software from Windows Update”
- Save changes
Code 43 Driver Error
Uninstall and Scan for Hardware changes (don’t uninstall driver)